Ah, yes, we are finally on summer holiday! While I am a little misty eyed about Jacob completing his first year at school, I'm also super excited to be done with it. You see, there are two types of mums here in England. The first are those who are so excited to not have to do the school run, make the lunches, etc. The second are also excited, but their number one emotion is fear. Fear of what to do with a child who will eventually whine with boredom within three weeks. I am with the first party. As I laid in bed last night I couldn't sleep...when I picked up Jacob from school I was more exicted than him! Remember getting out of school when you were a kid and singing the Alice Cooper classic "Schools out for the summer!"? Well, that was me today in my big beast of a mini van. Shades on, windows down, and a slightly embarrassed kid in the back!
This is the beginning of 5 weeks of blissfully easing into the day (versus the usual shot gun approach) and spending some good times with the boys. Let's hope it's as blissful as I hope it will be!
No comments:
Post a Comment