Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sly as a fox

A few weeks ago, I grew tired of climbing on the top bunk to make the bed. So, I told Jacob that if he made his bed everyday, he would get a pound at the end of the week. He's really into filling his piggy bank with English money, so he did it every day. Last week he grew tired of it, but I pesterred him to do it. This week it has been great. I told him so yesterday morning. And he looked at me with a cheeky little grin and said, "I know, I haven't been sleeping in my bed. I sleep on the top with another blankie and then my bed is always made." I kind of stood there in shock and went and told Tom. Tom knew already because every night Jacob has pleaded with him to not go under the covers. What that child will do to avoid work! I hope this isn't a pattern! Tom's thought? He said, "Sounds like something you would do, Joy." WHAT?!

No comments: