Last night as I laid in bed I thought of my three, jet-lagged, boys who had to be woken each morning this week for school and how it would be just my luck that Saturday would be the day they got back on track. Do I know them or what?! Yep, 6:45am Aiden was yelling at Jacob because he thought he took his blankie. I guess it makes sense that he thought that since earlier in the week (when they couldn't sleep at bedtime due to jet-lag), Jacob tried to reach Aiden's blankie from the top bunk unsuccessfully and plummeted to the floor headfirst. After checking for no major injuries, I had a bit of sympathy, but not a whole lot. But I digress...
Back to today. With the two boys up we started the days preparations for a trip into London. Our plans centered around Buckingham Palace and the final day to visit the state rooms. We'd pair it with the changing of the guard ceremony. But, as Tom discovered late on Friday night they only do that ceremony on even days. Today is the 27th. Details, details...they seem to be my demise this week. At any rate, I went to a plan B: The Transport Museum.
Again, with the two boys up and shortly there after, three boys up, I made lunches while pushing the boys to change clothes, throwing Cheerios at Jeb and in the end helping Jacob with his homework. We sat down to breakfast after having to wake the one remaining male in the house, Tom. And we were out the door to the train by 9:00.
I never realized how peaceful a Saturday morning can be (despite my overly excited boys). It was a bit cool and foggy, but beautiful. So many spiderwebs on the hedges as we walked and for the first time, I was thankful for spiders and what beautiful creations they make OUTSIDE THE HOME!
The day went relatively smooth. The boys didn't enjoy the transport museum as much as we thought - the manequins in each train and bus scared the daylights out of them (kind of crept me out too!) And the palace was amazing to see...the recommended viewing time of 2 hours was cut down to 45 minutes for us, but it was still great!
The best part of the day was sitting in Green Park. A warm, sunny fall day is hard to find in England, but we got it. The boys played their little hearts out and then we collected leaves and chestnuts from one end of the park to the other. It's moments like these that you want to package up and keep in a box forever. Funny what kind of memories are made when you stop...
No comments:
Post a Comment