Well, for the second night in a row, I've managed to kill another, 3 inch in diameter, spider. I'm not exaggerating either. It's been raining non-stop, so maybe the rain is like powerade for spiders? These suckers are huge! Of course, they choose to appear when Tom is out of town. What they don't know is that I'm no longer scared...I'm mad. Out comes my vaccuum and they get sucked up through the hose. I'm hoping they die once they are in there, or maybe one will eat the rest and I'll have an even bigger problem when it climbs on out.
It's not just spiders, we are being invaded by slugs. Huge, slimey slugs. The boys love them. Thank goodness they have the decency to stay outside (unless brought in by J or A). When I run at night I have to side step in order to keep a slug slime from the bottom of my shoe.
It's unbelievable how I have become used to all this. Maybe God is just preparing me for a lifetime of boys. Snips, and snails and puppy dog tails, right?
1 comment:
Joy you have a wonderful sense of humor that goes along with having 3 boys. We have been reading your entries and have been enjoying them. Sometimes laughing so hard it brought tears to our eyes. Maybe because we can relate. We have learned with 3 boys of our own that life is always an adventure - no 2 days are ever the same and very quickly on you need to acquire a taste for humble pie because it seems with boys we as parents eat a lot of it. It has been fun reading about your family and what happening. You have such a gift for writing. Know that we feel your pain or joy (depending on the day) with 3 boys. We look forward to your next entry!
The DeZwaan Family
Kevin, Chris, Nate, Curtis and Lucas
Post a Comment