Friday, May 21, 2010

Surprise!

Last weekend we got surprised and I really can't believe that our friends pulled it off! We went to our friends, the Martins, after getting picked up by the Clarks, only to be led out into the back garden to all of our British friends! Before I go into the story, let me tell you about how we almost found out.

I must admit that I was feeling a bit down when I spoke to Jane (Martin) a few weeks ago and asked if she wouldn't mind asking 'the girls' if they'd like to have one last dinner out. Little did I know that they were planning something bigger. Then, on Saturday, the boys went to play at a friends house and when I went to pick them up, their mum asked if I'd like a cuppa (that's tea for you yanks). When I said yes, she looked as if she really didn't want me in the house. That is because she was making rice salad for the party (which I told her sounded totally gross!). But, she told a great story and I didn't have a clue. Until I called Sarah (Clark) and told her that we'd walk to the Martins and not to pick us up. She said ok, but I got a text 10 minutes later saying Jane wasn't quite ready and to meet them at the pub. I kind of thought maybe there was a surprise, but pushed it to the back of my mind. And then we arrived...

The night was fantastic! We had such a mix of people - Welsch, Irish, American, Scottish and British. There was a lot of laughs. And then the music started and we moved to the drawing room. It was a disco! Tom even showed off his moves and it's still being talked about a week later! Thanks everyone, we had the BEST time! We love you all!!

The girls

Nicola teaching us how to do the Irish jig

Thanks Jane!

No comments: