The definition of Murphy's law: "If anything could go wrong, it will go wrong."
Well, this weekend I experienced it. Tom left for the states and hadn't been gone even 24 hours when it happened. I was cooking dinner while Aiden and his mate, Mac, were playing in his bedroom. Jacob was at a friends, so Aiden was showing off a bit. Maybe a little too much. That is what has led to the sound that rung off the walls - 'craaack!' It was immediately followed by, "Sorry, sorry, sorry!" And then I saw the chandelier hanging cracked in half. A chandelier that I've always hated, but we dealt with because it was so hard to replace. So now it will be replaced by us (with the help of an electrician) and I will only enjoy it for 3 more weeks. Yes, Murphy's law.
That, followed up by 'Things always happen in 3s'. The following day, we walked into town to pick up a few things at the grocery store. One was a big bag of toilet paper, which Aiden offered to carry home (bags are a bit different from the states). We went to cross the road and Aiden said that he couldn't carry it anymore. I wasn't really thinking that he'd been dragging it a bit. I just attached it to the handle of the stroller and started to cross. Yep, the bag popped open and all 12 rolls dispersed into the middle of the road.
Things happen in 3s. Aiden, please make the next one small!
No comments:
Post a Comment