Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to Jacob!

I remember when I was a kid and I'd want to have my birthday go on forever. Well, Jacob seems to have been lucky enough to have a 3 week long celebration! The first one in the states; a sleepover with his cousin Halle followed by a party with both sets of grandparents. Then the day before his birthday we had our family celebration. Then he had his best friend, Fraser, over on his actual birthday. And yesterday we finally ended the festivities with a football (aka soccer) party with 17 of his dearest friends!

The kids spent an hour playing football at our local sports center. No major injuries, though Tom did kick the ball directly into the face of one of the kids. The mums on the sidelines were horrified! We followed up the football with "pass the parcel"- a truly English party tradition. Then down for cake (that I made!!) and pizza. Kids are loud. Especially when you have 18 in a small space. They are really loud. But, they all had such a great time and Jacob was so excited to be in the spotlight.

So, happy birthday baby! I'm not so sure I can call you that anymore...

No comments: