Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jacob, the Future Politician

Jacob got his first brush with fame this week. His school is starting a hot meals program and on Tuesday we got to go in for a taste test. We sat down to try it and a reporter from the local paper sat next to us and started asking questions. I was so proud when Jacob picked up a cooked carrot first and ate it, I was even prouder when he ate the sweet potato hot pot (filled with veggies) and told the reporter it was yummy. And then I got suspicious. After every bite she'd ask how it was and every response was a 'yummy' with a big fat grin. Yep, he was trying to impress this woman so he would look good in the paper! A true politician at 6 years old!

We got the paper today. Here is the excerpt. You be the judge.

'Jacob Koops, six, of Sandelswood End , declared the lasagne yummy, said he loved the chicken curry and even wolfed down broccoli, something he has to be coaxed into eating at home. But, to his mother's disappointment, he said that he would still prefer to take a packed lunch.'

Jacob does have some learning to do. When the reported asked if he would prefer hot lunch to packed, his first reply was 'packed' quickly followed by 'hot'. I think she knew what he was up to.

No comments: