Sunday, June 22, 2008

What Happens When Your Exhausted (with kids)

Yesterday we spent the afternoon in Oxford. It wasn't so pleasant. Aiden whined about 80% of the time, so while the sights were great, the company wasn't. Although, when Aiden got in the car, he had a huge grin on his face and told Tom, "that was fun!" (Not really for us!)

Anyway, we got home in time for dinner and Tom told me to sit and he'd get the kids ready for bed (6:30, mind you!). Not long after, Jacob comes in and asks me to read him a book. I do so, but fall asleep (accidently!!) only to be awoken 15 minutes later by Tom, who looks like he has just woken up himself. Jacob and Aiden are sitting on the couch across from me and Tom says, "Joy, I put both of them down 20 minutes ago!" What?! And the two boys sit there grinning away. So, sly! It doesn't end there. I take Jeb and ask Tom what is on his face. Tom answers, "I let him play with a magazine while I was sleeping." (Yes, parenting at its best!) I freak out and ask Tom if he ate any of it and he didn't know. Tiny peices all around his mouth...Tom checks in his mouth. Oh yes, a little ball of Car and Driver stuck in the roof of his mouth. We'll find the rest in the diaper tomorrow. For now, maybe everyone needs to go to bed- especially us!

No comments: