Since Daddy and Aiden went to America, we told Jacob that he could do whatever he wanted for a day. He chose to go to the Natural History Museum in London (of course!). So, yesterday we left the house at 8:30 am and were on the train by 8:50. The tube was a bit of a challenge with its endless escalators and Jeb in a stroller. But, my biceps are so ripped (yeah right!) that I had no problem lifting the whole lot!
Anyway, we got to the museum as the doors were opening and went directly to the dinosaur exhibit. Jacob had been talking about this for weeks (he had gone a few months ago with Daddy, so he wanted to show mummy). We walk into the exhibit and you could hear the robotic T-Rex. Jacob started wimpering immediately. I told him it wasn't real, but he said that he didn't want to go. Now, remember I said that I lugged the stroller up and down those long escalators? I wasn't about the turn around and go home - we were going in! So, we sped past the dinosaur, which was admittedly, a bit scary and on to the dinosaur bones. Much safer. I'm not one for reading everything in a museum, but I do like to skim. Not the case with Jacob. We were done with this pretty huge museum in 2 hours and 30 minutes. Including lunch, a baby feed, toilets and a diaper change. I felt like I was pulled through it at an alarming speed. Good thing all museums in London are free!
It was a spectacular day in London so we headed to Hyde Park, which is the size of Central Park. We sat at the Princess Dianna Memorial fountain and dipped our feet in. Jacob dipped his entire lower half in. It is such a fitting memorial for the "People's Princess". No other fountain in London allows you to put your feet in, so it was great to see the memorial surrounded by people. We then went to the playground where Jacob played with kids from all over the world. Seriously. Kids don't care what you look like or what you sound like. You don't need to speak English to play on the merry-go-round. It was very neat to watch.
At the end of the day, Jacob said he had fun. I asked if he liked the park and he said "yes, but it was just an ordinary park." Someday maybe he will think that these "ordinary" experiences were a little extraordinary!

No comments:
Post a Comment