Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Aiden!

When you are pregnant with your second child, you have a hard time fathoming them being any different than your first child. I distinctly remember thinking this, even when Aiden was a little baby. And slowly, he began to show his own unique traits. Six years later, I think that I may have him pegged, but I'm guessing that I might be wrong. This shy, introverted little boy with a huge ability to love, as well as a huge ability to stand his ground, still surprises me every day.

And when it came to his birthday, Aiden was pretty true to form. I asked him what he wanted and his response was, "I guess legos or something, but really whatever you want to get me." And when I asked about a birthday cake it was, "Just a cake with yellow and orange stirpes cause it's my favorite color and Jacobs." There was glimmer of some decisiveness with his party when he named off about 8 people that he wanted there and said no to anymore cause "those are the people I really like." These are just a few examples of how unique Aiden is. To know him is to love him.

So, when his birthday rolled around, we headed to Chuckee Cheese. The kids loved playing the games and Aiden was so happy just to be there. We had pizza with Chuckee and at the end Aiden had enough tickets to get a heap of junkie toys. It was good to see him interacting with his friends. While he is shy on the outside, he certainly can joke around with his buddies. He blends in, but he has a good time doing so.

At the end of the day, after opening his presents, we sat in Aiden's room - redone that day with new bedding and a new world map on the wall. Aiden looked up at us, suddenly looking older, and told us what a fun day he had. His sweetness shined through. Better yet, his uniqueness shined through. He's not like his older brother - extroverted and social. He's not like his little brother - also extroverted, but extremely cuddly. No, Aiden is quiet, he's a thinker, he HATES kissing almost as much as he hates being the center of attention. And the newest trait to show in his sixth year of life is loyalty. He stands up for what he believes in and he loves unconditionally. Pretty good qualities to have at the young age of six. I'm so proud.

Happy Birthday Baby.



We convinced him to go with a snake cake and celebrated a bit early with Grandma and Papa


All the kids at Chuck E. Cheese!


So excited about this map!

No comments: