Some days I really do believe that we moved to Mayberry. The friendliness of Elmhurst is unbelievable! People have been so welcoming - our calendar is getting full already! But, this past Saturday really made me believe that Elmhurst is the nicest place on earth!
After numerous people telling us that we needed to take the kids to Riley's pub for a Saturday lunch and to watch the game, we did. Only I didn't really think it through. Michigan was playing Notre Dame. Elmhurst is a HUGE Irish Catholic community and Rileys sign has a shamrock. We walked in with our Michigan stuff on like lambs being led to the slaughter!
After a few harassing, but friendly remarks and a completely embarrassing 100 yard touchdown by ND, we began to bury our heads. But, alas, Michigan came back and we whooped it up, much to the rest of the bars dismay. The game ended and at least 3/4 of the bar came over and said "great game!" Had we been anywhere else I think our tires would have been punctured. Welcome to Mayberry!
No comments:
Post a Comment