Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Jeb!

Last week we celebrated Jeb's third birthday. Yes, for me it was all the usual feelings - unbelief that my baby is this old, happy to reach this milestone, etc. Except this year I had the feeling of hope. Hope that Jeb is just going through a stubborn stage, hope that we were getting out of the terrible twos, and hope that this wasn't the "trying threes." On September 25 I realized all hope was lost! Oh well, so what if Jeb's stubbornness keeps building, at least he's still cute right?!


In spite of it all, we had a great celebration - smaller than in years past, but Jeb and I are actively seeking a new BBF for him! But, in keeping with tradition, Jeb had requested a Lightning McQueen cake. So, he got it for the second year in a row. This time made not by me, but the local bakery. It was seriously the worst cake I've ever tasted - even Jeb wouldn't eat it - but it looked really good. So, that is all that matters.


Jeb's one request for his birthday was an orange car. Easy request, but hard to purchase when the child is always with me! Let's just say that Jeb saw all his presents being bought, yet still acted surprised when he opened them. This may be the last year of that happening.


On Saturday we had a family day and Jeb got the choose where to go. The zoo of course! Brookfield Zoo is an easy 20 minute drive for us and we had a great time. Jeb loved petting the sting rays and was fascinated by the penguins as they dove down to see us. I can still hear the laughter - priceless.

So, here is to the next year and whatever it may bring. My wish as he blew out the candle was for good health, less dirty looks, and no more nappies!!!!! (I don't see the last two happening anytime soon). Happy Birthday Baby!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Happy birthday Jeb, welcome home Joy and family! Sheena just directed me to your blog--what a great read, keep it up! Hugs from me and the girls in rainy England...