Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pancake Day!

Shrove Tuesday is also known as Pancake Day here in England. Since the boys are out of school, they decided to go to church for their annual pancake races. But, a sickness got in the way.

Aiden complained of a headache all day and at 5 oclock I finally had to hand him off to Tom so I could get ready for a girls night out. I was away from him less than a minute when I heard it...Aiden puked all over Tom. My first reaction was feeling so bad for Aiden, my second, was that I was soooo glad it wasn't me he had puked on! Sorry Tom. Anyway, that is what led to Pancake Day festivities being postponed.

Ash Wednesday turned into Pancake Day. We had races outside after dinner. It's not just racing with the pancake, it's flipping it while running. Aiden was the fastest, but no flips. I, as the mum, won. Of course, I'm the only one who can multitask!!!



No comments: