Halloween - not sure I can even say that we celebrated this year. Third year in a row of not trick or treating thanks to being gone. The boys had a week off, so when that happens, we hit the road!
We did, however, do a bit of celebrating. Jacob is now in Beavers - the first stage of cub scouts and they had to dress up. So, we went out and got a Batman costume. Here is the funny thing about Halloween here - it's not about just dressing up. It's about dressing up as something scary. So, when J announced that he was going to be Batman, the usual response was: "That's not very Halloweeny." Good thing my boy is sure of himself because he stuck to it. I now know why churches here are so against Halloween - I think that I like the way we celebrate in the US!
We did carve our pumpkins. With a kit this year! Wow, makes a difference! We had two pumpkins and I got another small one with the kit - good thing because we didn't think Jeb would get into it. He did. It would have been a nightmare had he not gotten to help carve one for himself. I did Aiden's and am quite proud of my skeleton (his choice to choose the hardest one!) and Jacob designed his himself. Not bad boys, not bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment