We finally took a trip that was all about the kids - Disneyland Paris! They were so excited to go that they were up at 6:00 am the day we left. Good thing because we were driving and needed to leave early.
We got to Disneyland early afternoon on Saturday. Checked in and went to the park just in time for the parade. How exciting to see Mickey (Aiden's favorite!) and all his friends. Pooh, Tigger, Buzz, Woody - they were all there. We did a few rides and went through the castle before going to dinner. Woah, Disney knows how to get your money! I guess it was worth it to have some real Tex-mex. They don't serve that in England!
Sunday was sunny and a perfect day to go to the park. We hit "It's a small world" ride first and the kids came out saying, "Yes! We are in Disney! Thank you so much!" Must be something magical about that ride! The day was so nice with rides that we could all go on, including Jeb when he was awake. But, the end of the day brought Thunder Falls - a roller coaster ride. Tom took both boys and I was so nervous! But, they all came out laughing and wanting to do it again. So, I went the next time - they were right, it was a blast!
We left the park and went to Walt Disney Studios and lucky us, there was Mickey. Aiden was so excited. I've never seen him like it before. He hugged Mickey and even went back to give him five. Laughing the whole time.
Monday we went to Paris. A 45 minute ride on the train and we were at the Eifel Tower. It was great to watch the boys chase the birds under this massive structure. If they only knew how rare an event this is! We went to the second level and looked out over Paris. I am always in awe when I see how widespread the city is. I love it. Lunch in the park after and then Tom left with Aiden and Jeb. The rest of the day was spent with just mommy and Jacob, at his request. We had a special time eating crepes by the Sienne, taking a river cruise, and going to the Louvre. Jacob just couldn't understand why they would name the museum after a toilet, but it's not a LOO! Sometimes he is so British! After the Louvre he was ready to go back to the pool, so we cut our day short and walked along the river until we reached NotreDame, buying a Eifel Tower along the way (after saying no to requests for french books, coasters, and paintings). Dinner at a cafe with a baguette sandwich and chocolate eclair made my day and his. We don't often get to go on "dates." It was a day I will cherish and remember forever.
Tuesday was our last day and we went back for a few more rides. Buzz Lightyear, the teacups, and of course the rollercoaster!!! My boys are adreneline junkies. They come by that naturally!
I can honestly say I am all Disneyed out for awhile, but I'm sure they will request DisneyWorld at some point. Hopefully this will keep them happy for a few more years!





No comments:
Post a Comment