Sunday, August 10, 2008

High in the Swiss Alps


We had two days of traveling up mountains in Switzerland. The first was the Schilthorn. What great views of snow capped mountains and pristine valleys below. It was nice and sunny, so I sat with Jeb so he could sleep and Tom and the boys hiked around the mountain (I was a bit nervous!). They had fun...every boys dream is to play with rocks and counquer a mountain!

The next day was Mt. Pilatus. We got on a boat at 8:15am (can't believe we got out by that time!) and we enjoyed a 30 minute cruise around Lake Lucerne. We had the boat to ourselves and drank in the morning sun while listening to our children run about the boat. Thank goodness no one else was on with us! We then took a cog train (the world's steepest) to the top of Mt. Pilatus. We walked out into a cloud. Shoot, we couldn't see anything. And it was cold! Oh well, there were caves to explore with stories of dragons. We then took a gondola ride down to a playground, so everyone was happy. In all, it was a fun experience!

Back to Lucerne to walk to city and do a bit of shopping so Tom could have a true Swiss watch. Hard to shop with three rambunctious boys, so I took them for ice cream while Tom made his big purchase. I think the women helping Tom was happy I did (this place was like walking into Tiffany's...not a place for kids!).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: