Sunday, March 16, 2008

Baby food stage

We started Jeb out on baby food a couple weeks ago. How confusing it is over here to figure out what to feed babies! First of all, everything is mixed. So, Jeb started out on carrots and potatoes. Next was parsnips, spinach and basil. There are a few more fruit or veg combos, but after that all there is is meat mixtures. Jars marked as cottage pie, bolognese, etc. Plus the fact that they contain cows milk. Hmmm...what to feed my 5 month old. So, I bit the bullet and made my own. Those that know me well, know that I'm no Martha Stewart. The kitchen was a mess and the vast amount of peas that I started with filled only two containers. Oh, how I miss Gerber! Maybe making squash will be easier?? Or maybe we'll just make Jeb an English baby and give him cottage pie! I think we all know what will happen...3 kids... no time...and too much mess. Yep, I'll go for the jars!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: