Well, it's been just over three months since we stepped off the plane in Heathrow and began our new life here in England. It's hard to believe how fast time flies and how much can happen in a short three months.
Life is busy these days, but we have a pretty good routine established. Tom is getting used to working the English hours and I'm getting used to having him come home later. So, instead of having dinner as a family, we have breakfast as a family. As long as Tom wakes up on time! The boys and I have tea around 5:00/5:30 and they are often in bed by seven. Jacob is pretty tired from being in school all day. Aiden, well, he never seems to get tired. I still make him go to bed because I'm just plain exhausted some days.
Jeb is healthy at the moment. He is recovering from a chest infection, but seems good as long as we don't get more bugs brought into this house. Seems like spring is on the way, so fingers crossed we'll make it through!
The "language" barrier. The other day I found myself talking to a friend from the states and having to think about talking "american" vs. "english". Funny how we adjust to our new words and the different meanings. Jacob has pioneered this at our house by correcting me on "tidying up," the "bin," trousers (very important...pants are underpants!), etc. We also use the new words so Aiden knows what they are talking about in school...specifically going "wee in the leu". If only he would.
My highlight? I'm officially being called mummy. Yes, life is good in England.
No comments:
Post a Comment