Today was our first post natal group. This is a great thing that they do here in England. Basically, it's a bunch of mums who have had babies in the past 12 weeks. We squeaked in b/c we had just moved into the area. We meet for 4 meetings and then whenever after that. It's a good way to get to know other women with kids the same age.
So, Jeb and I packed it up and walked to the meeting after dropping off the other two boys are school. There were about 15 mums there with their babes. Very noisy place! We all went around the room and traded labor stories. Some were real horror stories! I'm glad we made the choice to deliver in the US. Not to get political, but National Health Care is not what it's cracked up to be. There are some nice bits, but some definite downfalls!
Anyway, they asked how old Jeb was. I said I thought about 15 weeks. You should have seen the looks I got from the first time moms! I can't help it! I barely know what day it is! Turns out I was wrong...the health visitor looked at the calendar when Jeb got weighed. He's 16 weeks. Oops! The good thing is that he is gaining weight, but he is still on the small side (11 lbs, 4 oz; 5th percentile). He'll catch up.
So, it looks like now we'll have even more options for playdates. Glad Jeb will also have some British mates!
No comments:
Post a Comment