Well, it's been another week that went too fast. I'm sitting here enjoying the sunshine that we've been lucky to have everyday this week. The house is quiet with three boys sleeping! Jacob woke up with a croupy cough this morning, so he stayed home from school. This means that all plans to go out were cancelled. Including my much needed walk around town. Oh well, it's good to lay low every once in awhile.
Yesterday was Thanksgiving. Not celebrated here in England, but we did a little bit by baking pumpkin bread and making turkeys with our handprints, glue, and dried beans. It was fun! The boys had turkey steak for dinner and Tom and I ate chicken and stuffing after he got home. We'll go to the Venters for the real dinner on Saturday.
This week I discovered something that the USA is missing - online grocery shopping! It's the best! No more dragging the kids to the store and worrying that Aiden is going to get run over by a grocery cart (the Brits mean business when they shop!). I simply point and click and then they come and bring the food to my kitchen the next day at the time I request. I love it!
Tom is finished travelling for awhile and we are all happy about that! Now the travel is with family instead of work. We hope to do some this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment