So, a few weeks ago, Jacob headed off to the cottage with his grandparents and we decided to take the train into the city. One goal and one goal only - get to the top of the Willis Tower! (BTW, Jacob didn't want to go at all, thus the perfect time to head there!)
We got into the elevator amidst big giggles from both boys, but Aiden was so happy! We arrived on the 103rd floor and took a look around at our beautiful city! It was amazing! But, the best part was 'The Ledge' - a 4 x 8' glass box jetting out from the side of the tower. We walked out on it, with me a bit afraid of looking down and the boys eating it all up! It was very fun, but I was ready to get off! So we headed back down with Aiden asking when we could go again. Who knew a building could be so exciting!
We then walked down to Tom's building. I remembered the streets well from the time I spent in the city working, BUT some things have changed! I looked at my reflection, expecting to see that 20 something girl, but the reflection was clear: a mom with two little boys by my side. I was shocked for about 5 minutes, but was over it as we drank our slurpies outside Tom's building. I have moved on...I guess.
It was a memorable day and I hope it always sticks out in Aiden's mind as a favorite memory with mom. It will be for me.
1 comment:
Chicago is the best city, what fun! I hope we can make it out for a visit, the boys would have so much fun!
hugs...
Post a Comment