Although I've never watched this reality show with the above title for it's name, I thought it was a good way to describe my recent trip to a friends lakehouse in Wisconsin. We spent two days hanging out with Jacob's school friends and their siblings. Six women, nineteen kids between us, and...15 were boys. I know, watch out!
I think we were all a bit nervous about the numbers. Maybe that is why we all brought so much food with us. Boys are happiest when they are full, right? The food did help, but it must have been that all the stars were aligned that night cause it all went incredibly well. We spent most of our time by the pool, but a few of the die-hards went down to the lake to fish. Caught a bunch of beauties. Mrs. Arnett and myself seemed to be the fish-taker-offers. I even did a few worms. This is what happens when you have three boys - just suck it up and deal with it. Lesley has 4 boys, so she has learned to do the same.
We dreaded leaving, but God showed us it was time to go when a storm blew in suddenly. A tree fell a bit too close to the dining room window and for a short time we thought we might be stuck in Wisconsin. But, blue skies prevailed and we were home in time for dinner.
With three exhausted boys, I knew bedtime was just around the corner. But, as I tucked Jacob in, we heard the tornado sirens going off. So, we all piled down in the basement and listened to them for the next 45 minutes. I had 3 freaked out boys and Aiden went off the deep end when he thought he couldn't find his cuddly toy, Georgie. Daddy to the rescue. We waited while Tom rummaged through the rooms upstairs only to find that Aiden was, in fact, sitting on George. Good thing there was no tornado to sweep Tom away during the search!
It was a two day adventure that we won't soon forget and we can't wait for next year. Minus the tree snapping storms, of course!
18 of the 19 kiddos. Too hard to get everyone in a group. This is as good as it gets!
No comments:
Post a Comment