Friday, January 7, 2011

A Look Back On Christmas


Now that we are back into the new year, it's time to get organized...or maybe just try to catch up. So, here is a look back on Christmas - spent in Michigan this year. We anticipated lots of sledding and maybe some skiing. Seems that we should have gone to England for that, as they received the snow and we received the rain. Oh well, it was Christmas with family just the same and we were happy to be able to spend it with our loved ones.
The festivities began on Christmas Eve at Joy's parents. Church with a live nativity made it a super fun start. And after opening a few presents, Santa came for a visit! Too bad that Jeb lifted his beard straight up to reveal my Uncle Randy! It was truly funny and the night was a hit!

The next morning, I was pounced on by Jacob, followed by Jeb and Aiden. Santa found us at Grandma's! We had a fun morning opening gifts and a nice quiet afternoon playing with them.
On to the Koops to share Christmas with our 10 cousins - 20 people in all, making it very chaotic and fun!
We headed home and found the cookies we set out where eaten and that Santa had made a stop at our house. Yes Jacob, he can get in without there being a chimney!

We had a great time. My favorite kid quotes are below:
Aiden: "Thanks for this Wii, but it's not really what I wanted"

Aiden: "My favorite gift this year was Golden Syrup" - guess $3.99 is all Santa needs to spend next year!

Jeb: "Hey, what's under this beard Santa?"

Aiden: "I know that you bought Jeb that gift and not Santa - I was with you." Opps.

Jacob: "That was totally not Santa. His gut was a pillow."

Blauwkamp cousins

Tearing open the stocking stuffers


Go Blue!
Star Wars play is going to get even more fun!
The closest we got to a Koops' cousins pic
Jeb and the girls
Yes! Guiness Book of World Records 2011!!
This is what I really wanted
I love this!

No comments: