I'm not going to lie, it's been a rough week. With last week being an exciting Thanksgiving week back in Michigan, the kids are just plain tired. And when they are tired, watch out. Actually when I am tired, watch out. It's not a good match-up.
I'll give a quick example - last night, I asked Aiden to take a shower. He looked at me and said, "No, I want to take a bath." It was late and we needed to be quick, so I pressed on. This time the answer was a screaming 'no' followed by flopping on the floor. It wasn't a pretty scene.
I was at the end of my rope with telling the kids that Santa was watching. It just wasn't working. I did get a bit of luck last night when the tooth fairy visited Jacob. She left a note with Aiden saying that she had seen Santa and heard that Aiden was almost on the naughty list. Upon seeing the note, Aiden handed it to me and walked away. A few hours later he asked how the Tooth Fairy knew Santa. (btw, google it - there is a story!)
I knew I had to do something. And the answer came through a phone call with a friend who told me all about this 'Elf on a Shelf' thing. Apparently I have been living under a rock, cause all the moms at school knew about it too. Anyway, I rushed out and got it.
The boys discovered it at dinner and were suddenly looking very angelic. We read the story and named him - get ready for it - Tim. After Tiny Tim. I did ask if he could be a girl and everyone disagreed with me. Oh well.
So, we have Tim and he is making a huge difference! I asked Aiden to take a shower tonight and he said 'No'. And then he looked over and saw Tim and immediately said yes, followed by an 'I'm sorry mummy'. Yes, I have found the solution! May the next 21 days be filled with peace, thanks to Tim...the elf on the shelf!
No comments:
Post a Comment