Wednesday was our first full day for me and the boys to be here in Chicago alone. It also happened to be my birthday and our 10th anniversary. It also happened to be 90 degrees with 90% humidity. Oh, and the boys were tired - code for "let's fight so much that mom goes nuts." You can see where this is going.
Ok, so we made it through the morning, just barely. We all took some quiet time before Tom came home early for, not what you think, but instead for Jeb's first appointment with the CF team at Children's Memorial. The appointment went well (check out his blog in the next few days), but it was 3 hours long. We were exhausted, but all the boys were troopers.
After it was time to celebrate the big 10 year marriage marker! Oh, but we don't have a babysitter! So, we decided to treat the boys to pizza. Except we don't know where a pizza place is, so we rely on the satnav. We ended up in a fancy restaurant that didn't have pizza on the menu. But, they made it for us anyway. Bless them! I always imagined Tom and I at a fancy restaurant on our 10th, but not in this scenario.
But, you know what? Isn't that what we should do to celebrate our 10 years together? It's where we are in our lives and in hindsight, I'm glad that the day went the way it did. It is pretty unforgettable and I'm thankful for every piece of pizza stuffed into Aiden's already full mouth, each doctor appointment that helps Jeb, each antagonizing act provoked by Jacob and each time the satnav brings us to a dead end road. This is our life. I'm not sure that I would have imagined it this way when I stood in front of Tom 10 years ago. But, I wouldn't want it any other way...
No comments:
Post a Comment