Monday, January 11, 2010

Jacob is SEVEN!!!

It's hard to believe it, as I say every year! We started the countdown to Jacob's birthday back in November, I think and it finally arrived, along with a ton of snow! Jacob's first present was no school - SNOW DAY for the third day in a row. He was excited. So, we had our family party at breakfast. Lots of fun things, easy enough to get for Jacob whose only request was, "just get me what you want and I'll like it." Wish I was more like him! He got to choose his cereal for breakfast and he chose Lucky Charms, at a cool £7.00 (bout $11) a box. The lady at the check out couldn't believe it once again!
Three o'clock rolled around and we headed out into the snowy streets of Beaconsfield. Almost everyone could make it to the party despite the snow and most parents had a look of glee on their faces as they were finally getting rid of their boys for a couple of hours after three days at home! The pizza party went great - the boys made their own pizzas, we told jokes while they cooked, we ate (and no one complained!) and then cut the cake. The pizza cake was super sweet due to the amount of marzipan needed to make the toppings. Not sure any of the boys really liked it and one even flew to the bathroom, faking getting sick. Oh well, it really wasn't about the taste, but the look!! Tom and I left feeling not too exhausted, the boys must have matured from last year because we swore never to do it again after last year's party!

Back home for the sleepover. Jacob had his two best mates over, Fraser and Joe Harris (three boys named Joe in class, so Joe is never called Joe!) They watched Star Wars and ate popcorn til 9:30, then chatted until 10:00. Tom told them lights out and of course they listened. Not sure if they would have if it was me! They were up again at 7:00 for American pancakes, which they ate. I was worried that they'd miss their eggs and baked beans!

I'm feeling a bit sad about this birthday as it's the last that Jacob will have in England. He has such great friends and I don't even want to think about leaving them. I just have to wonder who will be at his party next year???


The boys enjoying their pizzas


Making the pizzas


With Joe and Fraser
They don't look to tired do they?

No comments: