The last person that I expect to be talking about a girlfriend is Aiden, but two weeks ago, the truth came out. I was at coffee with a friend whose little girl is in Aiden's class and she said that Ruby told her Aiden was her boyfriend. Shocked, I hurried home and told Aiden that I heard that he had a girlfriend. He turned red and wouldn't look at me. Then, I heard a quiet whisper..."Ruby." Wow. The boy who can't remember anyone's name has a girlfriend.
Fast forward to Friday of last week. Aiden gets in the car. "Can we pleeeaaase have Ruby over?" So, plans were made and it all happened today. Pick up was easy. Ruby followed us with her mum home. On the way, Tracy and I both learned of the kiss that happened at school. I'm hoping this was as innocent as I am imagining it! But the real news was in watching them. Ruby took Aiden's hand and pulled him where ever she wanted him to go! My stubborn, independent boy was being led like a dog! Hmmm... Cute today, but I'm not so sure that it will be cute in 10 years.
I'll be thinking this one over for awhile. I'm just not ready for the girl thing. Maybe girls will soon return to being stinking. I can only hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment