Saturday, June 13, 2009

Boys, Not Another One of THESE Questions!

I hesitated to write about this one, but it's too funny and I don't want to forget it. I'm sure the boys will be highly embarrassed by it at some point, or think it's funny. Anyway, please excuse the subject of this one...

Tom is in the States this weekend and next week, so I thought we'd do some fun stuff while he is gone. So, we went to the farm park today - one of the boys favorite things to do.

We arrived and started to walk in when Jacob noticed they had changed the goats around and that the "mommy" pen was now the "daddy" pen. This led to the question: "What is THAT big thing?" when we saw the goats back side. (Why do these questions always come up when Tom is gone??) I thought very hard before answering and decided to keep it simple. Here is the conversation (sorry for the words!):

Me: Well, you know how you have those little balls by your willy? That is what the goat has too.

J: Are mine going to get THAT big?

Me: Umm, probably not that big, but they will grow.

Aiden: I've got two balls too. But Jeb doesn't have any.

J: No, you only have one ball, Jeb has none and I have two.

This leads to an argument over the number of "balls" each one has. No one was in hearing distance, thank goodness!

Me: You all have two balls each, even Jeb. They are just different sizes. When you grow up they will all be big, just not as big as the goats. Hey, there are the cows.

And, because they are men, they were easily distracted and the conversation ended. But I'm still laughing.

No comments: