Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Days Off

We are on our third day of two weeks off from school and I think the consensus is that we are all loving it! No rushing around in the morning wondering where Jacob's tie is or hastily packing a lunch. Nope, we are gently easing into each day. I keep thinking that this great, 60 degree weather is going to stop. Each day has been filled with sun! Amazing that Jacob has a sun burn in England!

Today was a great day. We had a super appointment for Jeb with his CF doctor. All is well and he is gaining weight nicely - like a normal child! So, to celebrate (ok, it was a bribe to make the boys sit during the appointment) we went to Hughedon Manor (old English estate) where they were having an Easter Trail. Find the clues and get a big chocolate egg at the end. The boys had a great time finding everything and after we picnicked in the daffodils. One bug hunt later and we were on our way home for an afternoon of jumping on the tramp, playing football, and playing in the sandbox - poor Jeb got it in his hair thanks to big bro, Aiden!

I am trying to cherish each moment when they are home. I'm seeing just how fast it's going and it won't be long until they refuse to go on Easter Trails with me and don't want me near the trampoline. So, for now I'll let the floors get a little dirty and the dust pile up. We are having too much fun...
Hughedon Manor and their completed clue sheet

The chocolate reward at the end

No comments: